As per the order of the Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing, or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm, or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm, or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult, etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offenses, use of criminal forces, trespass, or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
- Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college for a period of one month
Objectives of Anti Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the College Campus. The Anti-Ragging Squad- office bearers will work under the Supervision of Anti Ragging Committee and engage in the works of checking places like Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms, and other places of student congregation. Anti-Ragging Committee will be involved in designing strategies and action plans for curbing the Menace of Ragging in the college by adopting an array of activities.
Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Squad
Anti-Ragging Squad will be working under the Monitoring of Anti Ragging Committee and will seek advice from the Anti-Ragging Committee. The functions of the Anti-Ragging Squad will be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging if any, happening/reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels, etc. The Squad will also educate the students at large by adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there. A gamut of positive reinforcement activities is adopted by Anti-Ragging Squad for orienting students and molding their personalities for a better cause. They shall work in Consonance and Guidance of Anti Ragging Committee.