In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation & quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system & work towards the realization of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts & measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The IQAC of Rathinam Technical Campus (RTC) was established in the year 2015 to ensure the timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks, and also to ensure equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society. IQAC – RTC also insists on optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning. It also encourages research sharing and networking with other institutions in India.
The objective of IQAC is to develop a mechanism to promote conscious, consistent, and catalytic action plans to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. Also, the IQAC will help to promote institutional quality enhancement and sustenance through the internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of the best practices.
Development and application of quality benchmarks;
- Setting parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty development to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all the stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all the stakeholders;
- Organization of intra- and inter-institutional workshops and seminars on quality- related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of various programs/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of the best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audits along with their follow-up activities
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC – RTC will facilitate to
- Ensuring clarity and focus in the institution’s march towards quality enhancement;
- Ensuring internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensuring enhancement and coordination among the various units and activities of the institution and institutionalizing all good practices;
- Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Acting as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs; and
- Building a sound methodology for documentation and internal communication.
IQAC – RTC shall evolve a mechanism and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial units;
- Adoption of relevant and quality academic and research programs;
- Ensuring equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of the society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- Ensuring credible assessment and evaluation processes;
- Ensuring the proper allocation, adequacy, and maintenance of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.